Monday, February 11, 2013

Happily Ever After?

Ankur has returned, and this time it's a poem! Give it a read below


Sitting on the terrace, watching the blonde sun dive,
Into the dingy pool of the city,
As I wait for my superpower to arrive,
Killing time with a cup of tea.

To zip into the past, uproot the weeds of pain,
The brambles that choke my creative thoughts,
To sow the seeds of a luxuriant, noble forest
Rampant in the plains of my present mind;

Or flash into the spectacular future,
To build gleaming cities of gold,
With beautiful, mysterious women sunbathing
In dark glasses on the soft beach sand.

I wait with grim brow, marshaling my powers,
Willing them to grow, intent and furious,
While the laughing blonde Sun pirouetted through the air,
Flirting in the arms of the humming breeze,

The unthinking birds flew back to their homes,
While the graying clouds slumbered to rest;
And all the while it was just stupid me,
Sinking in my past, and leaping to my future.

Written by Ankur Roshan

3 comments:

  1. Whoever this Ankur is, I just want to kiss him! NOW! It's beautifully worded- Akansha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He's on my friend list. Knock yourself out! ;)

      Delete
    2. *Blushing, Jumped from the bed, doing gangam style- corner to corner*

      Delete