Saturday, July 16, 2016

Thank You for 50,000 Views

I stared at the keyboard for a long time, trying to figure out what an appropriate start to this piece should be. The silent keys did not help, and so I decided to start typing and see what happened next.
Writing for me was a selfish hobby. It was born out of the realization that the answers I wrote in English were pretty good and the support of my then English teacher, Ms. Jhuma Ray helped me a lot, as did the support from my mother and father.
I used to scribble stuff down in diaries and then lose the diaries so one day; I decided I was going to write on the computer instead. 

While I was typing out some article, I forget now what it was; I got an email from my sister Susrita Sen, which had one line and a link. The line said “Read my blog” and below that was the link to her blog.

About a week later, I wrote a critique on Harry Potter and decided I would put it somewhere and so, in November 2010 I founded From Life to Me, which at the time was called Revolution Roulette. I posted the Harry Potter piece and then I forgot I had done so and the blog didn’t see another post until later.

From the second post to now, it has been a phenomenal journey. I have discovered so much about writing. I have had tremendous support from my family and friends. I realise that perhaps this can be taken further and I might write a book (if ever I get the patience to)

It also would have been impossible without YOU. Yes YOU, who are reading this now. I couldn’t have done this without YOUR support. YOU are essential to this blog’s existence and I hope YOU will accept my heartfelt thanks for letting me reach 50,000 views. I hope YOU will stand by my side for the next 50,000

Who are YOU? YOU are the person reading this. YOU ROCK. THANK YOU SO MUCH!



I remain, yours truly

The Bilge Master

3 comments:

  1. Proud of you, ash! You've got a fantastic grasp of language and have been an inspiration to me, on the other side of the world, for multiple years now and hopefully years to come. Keep writing. You've still got shit to say. And there's definitely people willing to listen. -k

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks a ton K. It still hasn't sunk in yet. Thanks for your support too. You're as much a contributor to this as anyone else is. Your support means a lot! Your friendship means a lot too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the excitement and joy this post conveys. And yes you are writing that book for real!

    ReplyDelete