Sunday, April 28, 2013

Skyskapes

Day fades slowly these days,

Basking in the warmth of twilight

I allow my thoughts to wonder,

In the blink of an eye I am a thousand miles away,

Having left my messy tangled up room behind,

Intoxication sweeps over me as I gaze across a ravine,

Hearing the howls of the wolves and watching the gazelles flee,

Slowly, the scene changes and I am aboard a ship, headed for uncharted land,

Not knowing what awaits there, I can feel a pleasant cocktail of fear and excitement

images (1)

All this happens in the turn of a page,

While my mom wants to engage me in conversation,

On the patio sipping a cup of coffee

And wondering if Frodo’s gonna destroy the Ring or not!

 

The Bilge Master

2 comments:

  1. In one of your future trips to Middle-Earth, you will find your mom standing there yelling at you to go back and return only after you have made up your room and finished all the other chores she had asked you to do! Mind it! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. yep she's done that quite a few times Rickie Bhai

    ReplyDelete