Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Why Did The Chicken...

This poem is inspired from the photograph attached below. It was taken by a friend of mine, Shantam at Park Street

Yesterday as I was waiting for a cab,
I did not know that 
Instead of finding a way back home,
I would actually leave a question unanswered, for quite some time,
Standing at that street crossing,
I thought I saw something on the other side,
And I couldn't believe my eyes,
Which is perhaps what caused the camera in my hands to shake,
As the shutter closed,
You see I needed proof of what I was seeing,
Because it was remarkable,
Then I figured that perhaps,
I would have better luck 
On the other side of the street,
But it was dark and I did not see,
An open manhole waiting for me,
And so, I come back to the unanswered question,
Which has been somewhat modified to include a chicken,
Why was I crossing the road?
And the answer is, 
Because I was looking for You

The Bilge Master


No comments:

Post a Comment