Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Stains

Night has fallen on the world,
Cloaking it in darkness, in shadow
I awaken and sit up,
Wipe the blood from my chin,
It is sticky and salty, still warm
The time has come, the night awaits me
I walk out on the veranda, survey all that is mine
You see from my perch, I can see, yet be unseen
The grounds of my estate, and the city beyond
Pulling me in, slowing down time,
I am waiting to strike
A second ago, you were alive,
Taking that shortcut
Going home maybe?
I cannot wait to meet you
Under the silver moon
I can feel your blood start to race,
Smell your fear,
You should not have come here, you are thinking
Well, you are right,
I close in, grab you
It’s just a little prick....a vain struggle,
Over before it even started,
And all that remains of our fleeting encounter
Is that fresh stain on my coat

Part 3- Carpe Diem

The Bilge Master

No comments:

Post a Comment