Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Brief Victory

I just returned from a 15 minute walk. Why is this important? It is important because I have been unable to leave my room for almost three weeks now.

But, today I did leave the room and also left the house. I had my music on my phone turned up to a decent volume, I had a bit of adrenaline coursing through my veins; and I walked. I walked the length of the colony we live in and walked back.

No hallucinations. No sickness. No feelings of apprehension or fear psychosis.

This is a win. I notched one up against the bastard in my head. I’m fighting back. I could not have done that without all those people who kept their patience and faith in me and gave me the strength to do what I have gone and done today.

One win to me!

(For those that dont know, I have been suffering from depression) 
The Bilge Master

No comments:

Post a Comment