Sunday, March 19, 2017

Until We Meet Again

They say everything has an end
So other things may begin
They say the sun will burn out
And there will be no moon to take its place
Things have a way of reaching a climax
And then slowly fading away,
Memories are nothing but fistfuls of sand
Slipping through arthritic fingers,
One grain at a time
And so we turn to photos and videos
To remember what it was that ended
And what began in its place
As did my student life
In six months no more
All my classes, professors and friends
Sped by in a daze of color and sound
While I sat and looked out from a balcony on the fourth floor
However, since all comes to an end, I suppose I’m being naive
Because life is beckoning me onto the next stage
And the memories I spoke of earlier
Will remain wrapped in polythene
Somewhere in the corners of my mind
And so I do not say farewell
But prefer to state it thus
Until we meet again, before we turn to dust
Remember me, and wish me luck


The Bilge Master

No comments:

Post a Comment