Monday, October 2, 2017

Rampur: A Trip to Remember! (A PhotoBlog)

It was a rainy afternoon when yours truly set out for Rampur with two classmates from college. We arrived there in the afternoon and were given sweets and cucumber to eat. It was the last day of Durga Puja and we were at the maternal home of one of our classmates. They celebrate Durga Puja at their home every year.

As is known, Durga Puja is a very special festival for Bengalis. It involves the coming of a goddess from her mountain home in Kailash to the earth for four days. Four days of festivities, of new clothes, of  pandals, and of trips out of town.
Rampur is a small village near Habra, far away from the bustle of Kolkata. It is silent, peaceful and welcoming. I didn't want to come back from there.

I'm a writer, but I am finding it hard to find words that can adequately express the amount of love I was shown at Rampur. I was introduced to all the elders, and took their blessings before taking my leave. The food was simple rustic fare and was delicious and what Puja is complete without some good old adda at 1 AM in the morning?

The following are a few photos I took while I was there













The Bilge Master

No comments:

Post a Comment