Thursday, December 21, 2017

Moonlight Sonata- A Guest Post by Debdip Maitra

The poem below is written by Debdip Maitra, my senior in college. It has been languishing in my inbox for a while now, but I've dug it up! Welcome him to the blog people!

The Bilge Master

Hiding dreams in pianos gathering dust,
Living life in nights of wanderlust,
And the dreams twist and turn and lead to you,
Tell me darling, do you at times think of me too?

Living lives in words unspoken,
In the silence amidst the reflections broken,
And the world it spins on and on and on...
Tell me darling, do you miss me when I’m gone?

Breaking my heart on nights like this,
With memories of summer, and a lingering kiss,
My heart now smells like stale cigarettes,
Tell me darling, do you miss me, in fading vignettes?

Floating my thoughts off on starlit dreams,
Watching them row away on the moonbeams,
And as the moonlight sonata once more enthrals,
Tell me darling, do you remember me at all?


No comments:

Post a Comment