Monday, March 26, 2018

Think of You


Lying awake unable to sleep
My thoughts in a tattered heap
About my feet
As I try to think
Of you
Your smile still mesmerizes me
Your laughter echoes in my head
And as I think an image of you
Forms in front of me
I can smell your perfume
May I miss you, and the little things you used to do?
May I remember you with fondness and not angst?
Will you remember the few things we shared
Back in that cold December?
And as I lie awake, the thoughts gather themselves up
And form an oasis in the desert of my mind
A cool place with trees that give shade
And sweet water to satiate
My thirst for you
And as I think of you
A smile comes to my face
Despite the fact that it's late
I lie here wide awake
And I think of you
And think of you

The Bilge Master

No comments:

Post a Comment