Sunday, January 13, 2019

Winter Reminiscence


I'm sitting in my room
Staring out the window at the rain
Holding a warm cup of tea
And yet, I am miles away
Lost
In an endless maze of memories
That I created with you
The first time we held hands
The time we grooved to Simon and Garfunkel
Incidentally I'm listening to your favorite song now
Served with a side dish heaped with melancholia
The rusty park bench on which we used to sit
Has been given a new coat of paint
Cherry blossoms are in bloom
And you are on my mind
I wonder which time zone you're in
Last I heard, you were working in Berlin
Tell me, have you seen the black forest?
I look for you in the inanimate objects of our relationship
And I slowly realize
Love's too sad without you my dear

The Bilge Master

No comments:

Post a Comment