Thursday, September 14, 2023

Another Day

The fields are burning again

There is no food, no rest, no kind touch on my fevered brow 

There is just silence, as if a vacuum has covered up the world 

There is a man in the corner 

His lips move frantically, he is pleading 

But the entity he is praying to no longer exists 

Not here, no

For here is where we go to die

Here is where angels forsake us, they fall 

Here is where God's disgraced son holds court 

Here, the currency is sin and the richer you are, the blacker your heart

Upon the burning plain, they march

A horde of demons, a reminder of sins you committed in the past 

What is your future, you ask? 

You? You who are imprisoned here think you can make demands? 

You are naught but hollow, naught but a husk 

You used to be human, now you're a disgrace 

Abandon all hope, for hope has no place here

And the louder you scream, the longer you stay

Round and round the mulberry bush you go

Day after day after day


The Bilge Master

1 comment:

  1. I see a bright light waiting at the end of the tunnel
    and I might die in the dark
    but the pain is part of the struggle
    I got my demons at my back
    but I'm ready to ruffle
    I found my reason to fight
    so this time I am the trouble
    I may be knocked back when I'm a bad lawn
    and rocked I gonna make it hotter than
    hell spawning top that push the limits
    and if it's a fight then a minute finish
    it is our beginning
    I came here to Win It though together
    one foreign foreign all right all right
    take my homies part of the struggle
    I got my demons I came here

    www.youtube.com/watch?v=kgvH6tX4Ej0

    ReplyDelete