Monday, January 2, 2012


My December


This one's by Linkin Park and is from their album Hybrid Theory..the song's really soft which is what makes it one of my fave tracks...
To start off, I wish all of you a happy new year...have a good one people..and now, without further ado..to the bilge!
Did I ever tell you that winter was my favourite season? Well, it is...I LOVE IT! And why the hell not? The quilts come out, the black coffee flows like water, mums old sweaters are in demand and we all wait for good ol' Santa to go HO HO HO! (Yeah, I'm almost 18, but Santa's Santa people!). Its a season of good cheer and leaves us with the promise of spring and the new year still to come doesn't it now?
This month was also an eye opener for me.. My pre-selection papers came out and they were horrible.. I hadn't cleared ANYTHING..quite serious here...so, I've started to study for once..and to help me, I've raided the library (so to speak) that is our house. We have 3 cupboards full of books ranging from classics to kid's lit..and it's no surprise why I read so much now is it?



 So, in addition to studies, I also finished Papillion by Henrì Charriere, King Rat by James Clavell and am reading The Haj by Leon Uris now..




As for music, I started listening to Black Veil Brides recently and am impressed with the guitar work and the vocals. Give em a go guys if you like slightly unconventional rock. I also revisited Black Sabbath and as usual they blew me away..not surprising as Iommi and Ozzy never did disappoint now did they? But, the album that stole the show was undoubtedly Coldplay's Mylo Xyloto. It's perfect in every way and it has to be experienced, I can't explain it's beauty verbally. If you havent heard it yet go out and buy it. I guarantee you'll be hooked. Trust me on that. Unfortunately, my mp3 player's on the blink and some insolent brute of a rat has made a nice dinner of my earphones so I'm listening to them on my cell now. Hope to get that mp3 fixed after the exams.
Well, that about covers my escapades this month and mum's glaring at me from yonder, so I'm gonna wrap this up.

Oh and as always, I'm counting on some comments from your side..hope you liked this post..
And here's a lil extract from “Paradise” from Mylo Xyloto

When she was just a girl
She expected the world
But it flew away from her reach
And she went away into sleep
Dreamed of para para paradise
Para para paradise
Para para paradise
Every time she closed her eyes...

Until next time guys!
May your swords stay sharp!

No comments:

Post a Comment