Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Exceeds Expectations

 

I started writing at a very young age after having read a murder mystery for the first time. I think it was a short story by Christie. I remember that Mum used to have these classes for students in classes XI and XII at home and I used to be allowed to sit and stay silent, i.e. to be seen and not heard. Then one day, Mum set me an essay on anything I felt like. Since then I guess I didn’t look back.

 

I had copies that I would fill with all sorts of random stuff. Autobiography of an ice cream, the queen bee, almost anything and everything that came to mind I would calmly jot down. Almost all of it has been left unfinished, owing to my impatience. Mind you I am talking like 12 or 13 years ago, so I must have been what 6? I remember that I went through a phase where I wrote my own detective stories. They were half a page long and my weapon of choice was arsenic or cyanide.

10001

Pardon the nostalgia people. It’s just that when I checked the blog today, it had 1000 views and it blew my mind. I never expected that anyone would read it aside from family. That too I had a feeling that I would have to stuff it down their throats! I am just overwhelmed today and I guess I am taking it out by writing about it. Well, I guess I underestimated myself. However, the real person behind all of this would be you guys for checking your emails or checking the URL once in a while. So to wrap up I just wanna say THANK YOU, to everyone who took some time out to glance through the posts here. And on that note, I also want to add that I will keep on writing this and supplying you with more “bilge” to feast on!

Until next time

The Bilge Master

No comments:

Post a Comment