Tuesday, July 23, 2013

When I Grow Up

I’ve been dying to introduce my mother on the blog, but she doesn’t really like blogging. So this is a story my mother told me. My mother was a schoolteacher for a period of about 30 years and this is one of the writing pieces she got to correct during that time. What’s so exceptional about this is that it was written by a boy in Class II. Read on.

One day, I had a pain in my stomach. My father was worried. He picked up the phone and called someone. In about half an hour, a man came. He had a bag. He took out something from the bag. It looked like an elephant’s head. He stuck the upper part in his ear and held the circle against my chest. He told me to breathe deeply. Then he poked my tummy and that made me laugh. He took a piece of paper and wrote some words on it. My father took the piece of paper and went out. He returned with some white tablets. I took one of the tablets. The pain in my stomach went away. The man with the bag was a doctor. When I grow up, I want to be a doctor.

Author Unknown
Student of Class II

I do not know this kid, but I hope he got to be a doctor.
images (8)

The Bilge Master (and his mother, for telling him the story!)

2 comments: