Thursday, March 5, 2015

Dear Lover

Dear lover, I don't know what's in the air tonight,
But, everyone's out in the daylight
Spraying colors on each other,
Leaving their worries behind,
I hope you haven't missed out on this,
Because colors are what life's all about,

I've seen your different hues too,
Ones when you've felt blue,
Sometimes yellow,
You always did look stunning in green,
And stern in that red dress,
I've seen you frown as you painted a masterpiece,
In pastels so bright,
I've seen the photos you took of people,
In black and white,
Which is why I'm writing this to you tonight,

I hope you're expressing yourself in colors this Holi,
In spite of the fact that your husband's gone,
I hope you aren't sitting in a room by yourself,
Draped in white

And remember lover, I may be out of sight,
But I won't ever be out of mind
So keep the colors alive
Because you know I always did hate white

The Bilge Master

No comments:

Post a Comment