Saturday, July 18, 2015

The Tunnel

I’m in a tunnel, somewhere in between the entry and the exit.  I forget which is which. That’s why, I’ve spent a long time in this tunnel. Almost a year infact.

In that time here, I’ve not been idle. On some days, I’ve explored it. Inside the tunnel there is an underground pool. I swim there sometimes, lost in my thoughts, which float above me like charged electron pi-clouds.

You can tell, by an odd noise when it’s day time in here, though most of the time it’s dark. I don’t have very good vision, which is why I have trouble seeing sometimes.

One thing is very clear though. I will have to find a way out of this tunnel. But, the thing is, I like the tunnel too. It’s interiors appeal to me, though I wouldn’t call them safe. Aside from the pool, there are creatures here- huge spiders and bats and some sort of carnivore that even these animals fear.



The stalagmites and stalactites are sharp, and fall continuously. I suspect them to be made of acid, because when I took one and dropped it in water, the water started to fizz and bubble.

The tunnel is scary. It is not friendly. I get the feeling it has tricked me into being in it, by its appealing interior.

But, no matter what, I shall leave this tunnel, and hopefully I shall leave it soon.



The Bilge Master

No comments:

Post a Comment