Monday, January 4, 2016

Lipstick Blues

I

That shade she wore
Was called Relentlessly Red
She wore it to work
She wore it to a party
She wore it when she dumped me
And went off somewhere else
And sometimes I turn the light off
To sit and smoke in silence
And in that silence I remember
What it was like
To date Relentlessly Red

II

I have a shade of lipstick
In my handbag
Which I do not use
But, it is not for show
This shade of lipstick called Relentlessly Red
I wore it relentlessly once
Like its name suggests,
I wore it to parties
And to our first date
I was wearing it
When he kissed me for the last time
And I walked away
I suppose you could say
I was dating Relentlessly Red


The Bilge Master


Relentlessly Red is a shade of lipstick by MAC. The poem got inspired by it's name. Yes, it's a poem about lipstick.

No comments:

Post a Comment