Saturday, February 27, 2016

Alone in a Crowded Room

As I have lived in this world,
I have seen many things,
I have seen darkness and light,
And Yin countered by Yang,
I have drunk Scotch Whiskey,
And gotten high on hooch,
I have read a handful,
And seen them adapted too,
I have found I like music,
And the company of a friend,
I have found well wishers in strangest places,
And strangers in familiar ones,
I have fought inner demons
And emerged wiser,
For while it’s true that
Relatives cannot be chosen,
You can choose friends
I have found that people are frequencies,
Oscillating about a mean point,
And that it’s important to find one,
Which can compliment mine,
I have found joy in silences between conversations,
And I have laughed loudest when they have resumed
I have found that acceptance can be difficult,
But not impossible to find,
Over time, I have carved a tiny niche for myself,
In which I stay,
I have friends, and a loving family
And mentors as well,
I have realized that I do not fit,
Into certain circles of life,
And that this does not affect,
The quality of my life,
Because as Kipling said,
It’s about facing impostors,
Lurking as Triumph and Disaster,
And treating them the same
No, I am not run of the mill,
But I am Someone 
Alone in a crowded room


The Bilge Master

No comments:

Post a Comment