Sunday, March 27, 2016

If I Were God

If I were God,
I would not let cancer exist
And I would do away with dirty politics
I would speak to the masses
And put sand in terrorism’s molasses
I would make a world where there is no war
Nor the bearing of ill will
In this world, there would be no divides
And it would lack all these “-isms”
(Racism, Nazism and so on)
I would make chocolate more delicious
And boost immunity to obesity
I would bring back dragons
And the desire in people to dream
I would not demand blood sacrifice
Nor would I want people to live in strife
In my world, there would be no depression
Or any other mental ailment
Unfortunately this is a piece of fiction
And not reality
But, it can’t hurt to hope
That one day, the world will change
And John Lennon’s “Imagine” will come true


The Bilge Master

No comments:

Post a Comment