Monday, June 13, 2016

Rusty Cage

I have a dark side
Locked up in a rusty old cage
With corroded bars
And
When I close my eyes
A little bit of my dark side
Trickles out, and wreaks havoc
Morning finds me weary
As if I had run fifty miles
And
My dark side retreats
Into its rusty old cage
My dark side is manipulative
Like an itch you cannot scratch
It is scheming like Gollum from that book
And
So I try, to lock the door
And
Throw away the keys
But somewhere in my head
Is a monstrous creature
Trapped in a rusty old cage
But
Tonight the creature will take the shape
Of a wolf
And
It will hunt its prey
By using black thoughts
Which are exothermic and radiate negativity
Like anions in an electrolyte
Whose conductive nature
Is slowly taking over
And
I will also hunt
For a new cage, with better locks
Because it takes two to tango
And
I want to come out
Of the darkness
And waltz with you in the light



The Bilge Master

No comments:

Post a Comment