Tuesday, July 5, 2016

Closet Space

I
The things we lock up in closets
Aren’t necessarily skeletons
Sometimes, they’re important things
For a closet traditionally acts
As a storage space
So why can memories not be a part
Of the content in a closet
The memory of graduating school
The memory of your first kiss
That feeling you had
When you put your first pair of jeans on
Imagine locking these memories
In a strongbox, and
Throwing the strongbox into the ocean

II

What you’re experiencing right now
Is a concoction of my own making
 I took a spoonful of your silence
Added a little paprika to your anger
And boiled you in a vat of depression
Making you act in ways you never thought you would

III

I did act in certain ways
And I destroyed some memories forever
And the adults around me made mistakes too
But, no more
No more subjugation
No more giving in
No more despair or anxiety
Or whatever the fuck else you toss my way
You have overstayed your welcome
And you have forgotten that
There exists a person in this vessel
That person is asking you to leave
And you will leave
It is as simple as that, my friend
You forget that empires have fallen
And buildings once built can be torn down
And that is what I am going to do to you
Tear you down, brick by brick
Until you cannot hide in my closet anymore

The Bilge Master



2 comments:

  1. Loved it Ashesh. Simple(the best things in life are simple) in words yet hard hitting.

    ReplyDelete