Wednesday, August 3, 2016

Coming Out of the Tunnel- Part One

It’s been a while since I’ve felt good. I have stated before that what I am going through is somewhat like going through a tunnel and not being able to find the exit, or the hidden dynamite which can make an exit for you.

I may not have the dynamite yet, but I am feeling good. I am searching for the way out. I am getting ready to come out of this dark tunnel I’ve inhabited for so many days and months now.

Remember Gandalf’s fight with the Balrog or Durin’s Bane in The Lord of the Rings? I have battled a similar foe across time. I finally have managed to rescue my mind from it’s grip and start dealing some damage of my own in return. Results are slow however, so maybe I need to find new thought processes.

Our mind is like a cage. It gives us an option to lock memories away. It leaves the choice of memory to us. You can lock away the first time you ate ice cream or you can lock away the first time you got in a fight. You can lock away your 21st birthday celebration or you can lock away what your mother said to you in your schooldays.

Choose wisely, because if you lock away a happy memory, then all you’re left with is sadness ans Steven Wilson crooning something like Hand Cannot Erase on your phone.

This is a short post, because this story is still being written. I will complete it as I go along. Until next time, take care of yourself and the ones you love. I hope all of you stay happy.


The Bilge Master

No comments:

Post a Comment