Sunday, December 18, 2016

Just An Ordinary Joe

I’m just an average man
I do not have a tan
I wake up every morning
And put my coat and glasses on
I venture forth into the world
A world of my own creation follows me
Life is so much more
Inside my head
For there I can slay dragons and shit
I get on a bus and go to work
Meanwhile I kiss the princess
I sit at my workstation
Dying for a cigarette
Slowly bit by bit
My story unfolds
Unread and unmolested by you
The other folk
I have not seen your world yet
A world of fancy tea parties
And bowler hat attendances to operas
In my head, I am free
Despite my routine life I am someone
Outside, drops of rain are falling
I wish I could get wet
Inside, drawings and documents greet me
And I slog along with the tide
Of multiple, faceless Joes like me
This is my life


The Bilge Master

3 comments:

  1. Very great post. I simply stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say that I have really enjoyed browsing your weblog posts. After all I’ll be subscribing on your feed and I am hoping you write again very soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Buy contact lenses online in indiaJanuary 5, 2017 at 12:48 PM

    Very interesting blog. A lot of blogs I see these days don't really provide anything that attract others, but I'm most definitely interested in this one. Just thought that I would post and let you know.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey keep posting such good and meaningful articles.

    ReplyDelete