Wednesday, September 13, 2017

Replacement

The days of my youth
A world where people
Existed without Facebook
Or Instagram
And instead sat on porches
Swinging life away with a cup of coffee
When conversations happened face  to face
Instead of Skype to Skype
And simple pleasures were treasures
The feeling of
Getting  a new book to read
The thrill of making a friend in the field
The long  chat sessions after school ended
The happy go lucky and carefree days
 Have been replaced
By computer screens and WhatsApp
As we say our goodbyes over Messenger
And wonder what to tweet about next
Replacement is a dangerous thing
Because it can backfire
And cause sadness as well as happiness
I miss the days of my youth
And realize my father told me the truth
When he said
Son each day is precious
Use your days well!


The Bilge Master

No comments:

Post a Comment