Thursday, July 12, 2018

Love and Hate


I

There is a thin line between love and hate
And I am on the precipice
Looking down I see a void
Looking up rain clouds darken the sky
Is this real?
Or is it just another one of those dreams?
Where you feel helpless and tied down
While the shadows of your demons
Haunt you time and again
As the sky growls and rain drenches you

II

I look down at my hate
I wish it would go away
I wish to step back from the precipice
But all I do is fall
I feel cold and lost in my misery
As from the ether Beelzebub rises
And beckons me into the void

III

I need to find love again
Love for the things I do
Love for music and other pursuits
They say life is not about the storm
But about dancing in the rain
And I wish someone would waltz with me
Until I see a rainbow
I want to believe Ed Sheeran
When he swears it will get easier
A day will dawn tomorrow
Bright and hopeful
I will step back from the void
I will be with every cell in my body
And hate will have no power over me

The Bilge Master

No comments:

Post a Comment