Sunday, March 24, 2019

In Memory of The Best Dog Ever


I am a writer
I create
Sometimes I create a prison
Sometimes a rose garden
My creations are large
They are small
And I work best with memories
Like the time we went for coffee
And it rained
That was the last time I saw you
My old friend
Before you left
To join the great gig in the sky
And now it is my duty
To make sure the world doesn't forget
Who you were
It's March, the day is gone
Another year has ended
And your picture remains in my heart
Every place I go, I think of you
And the good times we had
How you'd sometimes pee in excitement
At seeing me after a long time
The walks we took together
Listening to The Beatles
I thought that love would last forever
I was wrong
You couldn't bear to see me crying
You'd lick the tears away
Oh how I wish
How I wish you were here
But that is disrespectful
And you have more than earned your rest
Take care Chuni, wherever you are
And I will keep writing about you
So the world knows what you were

The Bilge Master

No comments:

Post a Comment