Friday, April 26, 2019

Nyctophile


I sleep when the rooster crows
And the sun comes up
When evening falls, I awaken
And eat some food
Some for the belly, some for thought
The night
Ah, the night!
There is no one to see me
As the city is asleep
That is when I feel alive
I set to work, creating
With my mighty pen I make worlds
With my loyal brush I paint imagination
On a cloth canvas
And just when the night is darkest
I retire to bed
As a new day dawns
And the city awakens
I am someone who has fallen
Through a crack
I find myself an alien
Amongst my own kind
They judge me
Vilify
Because I am not like them
I am the fool on the hill
And by being a fool
To the outside
Nobody knows who I am inside
I'm okay with that
For my individuality is my armor
Nobody can take it from me
So I make love to the night
And she loves me back too
Dare I ask for more?

The Bilge Master

No comments:

Post a Comment