Thursday, October 31, 2019

Melancholia, Sweet Melancholia

Melancholia, sweet melancholia
You've been with me for a while
And in my mind's eye, you used to be beautiful
Two years you held me captive in a house
While physicians with their allopathy
Tried to separate us
But you were irresistible my melancholia
I was lost in your kiss
The cold caress of your lips on mine
And your dark nails of faith
Had me crucified, wanting to die, to escape
Three more years have passed
My melancholia, how we've grown
Me a plump lump
You, raven haired, sleeping in the Devil's bed
Melancholia, it's time for the symbiosis to end
I have sinned for you and alienated in your name
It's time for me to repent
And so melancholia, this is my last missive to you
Melancholia, my love, I have to break free
You've become a voice in my head
That I no longer want to listen to
I have learned how to smile
I will not weep for you anymore
When the music stops, so will our dance
Farewell melancholia
I'll miss my train if I keep talking to you

The Bilge Master

No comments:

Post a Comment