Wednesday, March 4, 2020

I Am Not Done Changing

I walked by the place 
Where we last met 
And had margaritas at a bar
Yours was too strong you said 
Ravenously consuming lasagna
Back then we had a good thing going
Then things changed
That's the only constant after all
I changed and so did you
And for a while I was sad 
Coz I thought we were gonna be around
For a while
Some songs reminded me of you
Especially Pearl Jam
My brother pinged yesterday
They have a new album out 
But my friend I've moved on
And I hope that you have too
I'm too happy to weep for you
And you too far gone for me to chase you
I just wish you had said goodbye though
But expecting that from you
Is a mistake
Hallelujah, one day the church bells will ring
The parson will get our a Bible 
And bury our friendship
Six feet deep
As for me, I will walk on
This road I've chosen
And hope that one day
I go where many paths meet
Whither then?
I cannot say

The Bilge Master

No comments:

Post a Comment