Sunday, September 13, 2020

The Music Has Stopped

When I need a hug
Or comfort in other ways 
I play a song 
Over the course of time 
I've heard many 
Then I heard the music 
In your laugh
And the orchestra in your eyes 
I knew I would love to dance with you
As the world around us burned 
For a while it seemed 
I could come out of my shell
That the bridge over troubled water 
Had arrived 
But we never got that far
Because one day you were there
And the next day you weren't 
I see the ghosts of what could have been
Your face hidden behind a mask
Our friends talk of Michelangelo
While we discuss Van Gogh
I thought I'd finally be able 
To leave the darkness behind 
But of late 
The darkness has come 
The drugs don't work
The self harm is just scars 
And the music has stopped 

The Bilge Master 

1 comment:

  1. Lovely! But Miss American Pie ensured that the Music would never die.

    ReplyDelete