Sunday, February 5, 2012


Same Month and a Whole New Year

Hello there people. Hope you’re well and good and generally in the pink as they say. This here’s what devious deeds I executed in the last month.

Firstly, I had my Selection exams which I flunked royally. I also set a record of NEVER HAVING PASSED in any subject in two years straight. So, after a lot of discussion on both sides of the iron curtain (read teachers as well as family) I took the decision to not appear for my board exam this year. This decision was NOT made in haste I assure you and has been coldly premeditated over a long period of time. Of course, there are many who are calling me stupid to downright senile but to each his own I say.

So, I now have a little bit more free time in a day and the immense tension of the exam has been lifted. Honestly I do not feel weird or even scared about this as I know somehow that it’s the right choice.
In the aforementioned free time, apart from procrastinating as expected, I’ve started to workout and it seems to be working. A regime is yet to be devised but I’m mixing up yoga with a lot of freehand and walking. Anyone with any tips out there is welcome to share.

I also did the books that is organised up the cupboards in ourhouse. As I have mentioned before (and if I have not I am now) we are one “bookwormy” family and have a lot of different books in all the rooms in our house. Best sellers, biographies, thrillers, classics, puzzle books...you name it, we got it man! I Do lend out but we all have had bad experiences on that front as people are ready to take but never give back. Its the way the world works I guess....wait, since when in the world was I philosophical?????????
                  
Speaking of books, I visited the bookfair that’s on here in Kolkata. BIG disappointment. Disorganised stalls scattered all over the place with no order in them to speak of and of course the SAME books in them. I got two books which we were looking for though “Exodus” by Leon Uris and (FINALLY) “Catch-22” by Joseph Heller. The latter I am reading now and it was worth the wait! It is hilarious.

Musically, I have also made some progress by joining a special page on FaceBook dedicated to metal. No not the standard metal as in gold, silver copper but the genre metal an intergral part of music in my  opinion (though my mother has threatened to behead me after listening to some of the songs on offer...can’t blame her “listening to kid’s weird music” was not really part of the job description). From here, I got introduced to Five Finger Death Punch and Opeth, both of which I am downloading as I write and you read (since we are not speaking right now). In addition I tried Daughtry’s new album “Break the Spell” which was great and Nickelback’s “Here & Now” which is another super album. Check em out! I also am listening to Alice Cooper on the recommendation of my Uncle.

Yeah I have been a busy little bee but there’s still more to come....but I guess that this is a good place to wrap up. So, let me leave you with a little line from Daughtry’s “Drown in You” which is the soundtrack of the game Arkham City

“I don’t wanna Drown in You
I’m Thinking that I’m Starting to,
So When You See Me Cry Like a River
Don’t try  to Hold me Down
Just Save Me Now
Don’t Let Me Drown In You”

See you next post...same place, different time.....
Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment