Wednesday, February 1, 2012


Awakening

So I was listening to the Arkham City soundtrack “Drown in You” sometime back when Dad called me. I hope you don’t mind a rambling post guys, coz this one is gonna be a bit time consuming. But it has to do with me and my life and it’s a good way to get some major stuff off my chest...
Like I was saying, Dad called me and he wanted me to answer something honestly. The question was easy enough “Are you ready for the Board exam?”

Now here, I must digress again. Over the course of the past two years, my academic performance has been horrendous. I did well enough in my Class X exam with nineties and all that razzmatazz. So naturally I opted for Science. However when I sat for the terminal in XI, and the results came out; things were looking a bit dull. I had not cleared anything apart from Bio in my science group. This trend has unfortunately continued over the course of the XI exams and the XII internal terminals. Mind  you, I did OK in the tests that they took but somehow goofed up royally in the terminals.

Now about that scene with Dad that I’ve left on a cliffhanger. Quite obviously, I said No. And it is true. I am not ready yet to give my XII Board. Not with single digit scores and a GPA of some 40% (owing largely to English and Hindi and Bio). As for Physiscs, well in class XI I did OK enough bwith around 70% but in XII that’s come down to 5%. As for Chem, I didn’t pass it ever and am stuck in the 15-25% area. Maths is another nightmare. Here I have a measly 10%. So, quite clearly I am not prepared for the Board in any way whatsoever.

I will be the first to agree that a part of the blame lies with me for not having studied properly.  But, there is a flipside. We have had a large number of upheavals in these two years in the form of two shiftings of house and illnesses all round. In addition to this I couldn’t attend school regularly and didn’t get a good enough tutor at home. So at the end of the day, we all were cut a bad deal.

Which is why I will not be appearing for my Board exam this year and will do so in 2013.

Yes. I will be repeating a year and try to make up the stuff I need to. My school has allowed me to continue for another year and has also agreed to back me in this endeavour, for which I am grateful to them. Dont worry guys I will be bouncing back next year. I plan on completing my course before the session starts and then revising and solving papers. Yeah it’ll be a bit odd sitting with juniors and studying but what the heck, I’ll manage. To quote Dream Theater’s lines

Take away my pain,
Let the cold inside
It’s time to let it rain
There’s nothing left to hide”........

Wish me luck guys! And go and rock your boards this year! And you haven’t seen the last of me or this blog yet, so don’t miss me...I’ll see you next year.....!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Dear Ashesh,

    Firstly, I am proud to have a friend like you, who has the grit and determination to take whatever life has to offer and make a resolve to turn it into something positive. Always keep up this positive attitude, buddy because trust me, in the long run this one year will cease to matter but what will matter is your approach towards life. There will be tough times, heck, no one promised that the journey is gonna be easy, but trust me when I say this, it is upon us to make this journey a supremely beautiful and memorable one..so that at the end of it and also when we are at it, we are happy and contended :). God Bless You..take care and always always be happy and remember, in life, situations or people won't be under our control but how we choose to react and hence deal with them will always be :)..
    Much Love,
    Kasturi

    ReplyDelete