Saturday, March 3, 2012

Eyes on Crime

So here I am with another little peek into my escapades just for you. From the title, you may have gotten the impression that I have been doing some illegal activity recently and your assumption would not be far from the truth. What I mean is that of late, the whole family has gotten hooked to crime serials. Although I used to watch em initially, it has now become a regular feature here at home! And people say there’s a generation gap! Dig this, I got mom to watch the pilot episode of Castle with me one fine evening ans pretty soon, Dad joined us. We have not looked back since then. Dad’s even taken the entire Castle with him on tour! Next came Numb3rs. Now I KNEW that Pops would like it but I was surprised when Mum who hates Maths took to it like a fish to water! Thus I find myself on a desperate quest of downloads. Lie to Me is ongoing and soon to follow is White Collar. They weren’t jokin when they said don’t feed the animals! (Thats a snitch off My Family and Other Animals by Durrell by the way).

Speaking of authors, our library is gonna be extended in some time. We have done a careful analysis and come up with some must haves for our collection. The new Archer, a little Harold Robbins and Irving Stone head the list; and trust me there’s more where that came from!

books

I have also been reading some out of the box literature lately. 1984 by George Orwell to be exact. That there is one scary book. The image of society sent chills down my spine. I also liked the concepts of Doublethink (when it wasn’t freaking me out that is). But in spite of that I found it to be an amazing read. I’m currently reading No Comebacks by Forsyth.

Nothing much up musically. I finally got a chance to listen to Five Finger Death Punch and Alice Cooper. Both of them are good. I’m also sniffing for Simon Webbe and the new Snow Patrol album.

Studies related gossip? Yeah there is something. I met a new maths tutor who seems to be just what I am looking for. She’s going to start with me next week. Hope it works out.

That’s about it guys. See you again soon! Till then Adios!

 

The Bilge Master

No comments:

Post a Comment