Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Minutes to Mumbai- A Photoblog

I recently went to Mumbai to attend my cousin sister's wedding and I clicked away like a madman while I was there, with this idea of making a sort of photo blog once I got back. So, here it comes.

It all started with the train ride down to Bombay (Mumbai)


"Always the Summers
Are Slippin' Away..."

These are random shots taken in the train or from just outside the window of the coach.










Now, of course, sitting there on the berth for a good 26 hours is tedious and so we made sure we had plenty of this beverage called tea


I reached Mumbai 26 hours later, tired and excited. For one it was a new city and for two I was gonna meet my whole family for the first time. Some of these people I had seen when I was very young, and some of them I never knew existed. Such as my cousins.


Of course, at this point in time I must introduce the full family, comprising my aunts and uncles from different cities and states who all showed up for the wedding.



And of course, what's a wedding without the people getting married? Introducing my didi, Shreya Dam Shah and her husband, my jiju, Nirav Shah


Then of course, there was the reception over at the Wankhede Stadium, where these two young gentlemen stood out in their suits


And of course, the ladies made their presence felt in equal measure


Bombay presented me with an opportunity to take a random Photowalk the next day















We also found a little time to celebrate Mamadadu's birthday amidst the wedding festivities



And so, in these shoes of mine, I went across to a different state, participated in a wedding, met my family, saw a new city, took pictures and am sharing them with you. My wanderlust has been sated for the moment, but it will soon return and off I'll go once again, with the camera at my side!


The Bilge Master

No comments:

Post a Comment