Thursday, October 15, 2015

Goodbye 20!

This is the last day I’ll be twenty. This is the same feeling as last year when I was kissing my teenage years goodbye. But, if I might share a little secret with you, I am glad that this year is over.

This year has seen my family relocate to Asansol. It’s been a year that we’ve been here but the town has grown on us. In spite of that, sometimes it’s difficult being away from home in a shoddy flat in Dum Dum. That being said I have two amazing roomies who make sure I study and party with the same enthusiasm.

But, see the thing is. The thing is, my twentieth year has brought with it a lot of darkness. It’s pushed me into depression twice. It’s made me move houses twice. It’s also made me lose two of my well wishers; one of whom loved me as if I were her own son. I’ve also lost both my cousins. Somehow we don’t communicate anymore.  All the damage seems to have been done 2.0 times this year.

I end this post with a firm look at what’s ahead. I bid my twentieth year bye bye with a song in my heart.

Hello 21!

The Bilge Master


PS. Two good things did happen to come out of this year. One I met my cousins in Bombay and two I have epic juniors in college!

No comments:

Post a Comment