Saturday, October 10, 2015

Time and Linkin Park

Sometimes I need reminding that I am a nineties kid. Unfortunately I don't have too many nineties things left with me to remind me of that. My Pokemon card and tazo collection has been given to a kid somewhere down the line. My shorts from that era have been outgrown. My milk teeth fell out and my Batman figures are lost.

However, fast forward a decade and we hit the 00’s. Things start to look up and suddenly I start to listen to Linkin Park. I discover Batman and Robin. I make friends with a kid (literally) who has a guitar.

And the party begins. No stress about marks or college or jobs and CV’s. We are just a bunch of idiotically pimpled kids hanging out on the stairs, despite being told not to loiter in the corridors or stairs.

Alcohol is almost a light year away,  girlfriends are a vague mystery and unity is in our diversity. He comes from Howrah, she from Behala and that duo from Rajarhat. But who cares? The only thing we cared about was whose mom made the best tiffin.

It’s funny how listening to “In the End” by Linkin Park sent me far back to my schooldays. It’s funny how much I miss being told to get out of the class. It’s funny that all my school friends are either in college or worse, jobs!

It’s funny how Time can fly, but then again if there were no Time, there would be no memories or dreams would there?




The Bilge Master

No comments:

Post a Comment