Saturday, January 25, 2020

Dead Dreams

I don't know when they stopped
But it's been years
Since I dreamed last
Nine to five 
Five days a week
Two days off 
The cycle repeats 
A hospital for my disease 
Its something I need 
Blocked 
Ideas committing suicide in my head 
But when I see her face 
The world seems worth it 
Inch by inch I crawl
Ledge by ledge I grab on
And get up whenever she knocks me down
The story of my dead dreams 
Is one with only her in it
She is my common sense 
And what's the difference 
Between that and my decadence?
We will carry on this cycle 
Even when we are dead and gone 
The world we lived in
Will remember the arson we committed 
As around us everything burns 
And on the backs of angels 
We fly

Inspired by Fight Club

The Bilge Master

No comments:

Post a Comment