Thursday, January 23, 2020

Untitled- A Guest Post by Debdip Maitra

The poem below is written by my college senior Debdip Maitra. He was from Mechanical Engineering and has written many such poems. I met him at a creative writing competition and we became good friends. Welcome him warmly guys!

The Bilge Master


She was a storm trapped in a bottle...⁣
Her mind, a venerable tempest,⁣
Echoes of voices of the ages, ⁣
Rumbling like thunder,⁣
Threatening to tear all asunder,⁣
Lightning and embers crackling under her skin,⁣
A thousand voices itching to burst forth,⁣
A primal scream, of dreams, and of fury,⁣
Drowning eternity in its wake...⁣
But that never quite frightened me, ⁣
As much as her tender heart did,⁣
That tender, beautiful thing,⁣
Which made it all appear oh so calm,⁣
Like the cherry blossom petal,⁣
Floating softly down to the surface of a pond,⁣
In some noir feel good movie...⁣
I was afraid,⁣
My heart trembling at the thought,⁣
The thought of the day,⁣
When that heart might not be enough to keep it all inside,⁣
When the dam finally breaks,⁣
And I wouldn't be able to stanch the cracks...⁣
_© Debdip Maitra⁣


No comments:

Post a Comment