Friday, June 12, 2020

A Note to Myself: A Guest Post by Sanchari "Grizzly" Mukhopadhyay


Sanchari Mukhopadhyay is a Human Resources professional. After saving the day at her full time job, she takes up healing through words at night. She has her own blogspot and dabbles in poems, blogs and short stories. When she is not doing either of these, she is binging on Masterchef. Please welcome her to From Life to Me folks!

The Bilge Master

Warning: Mature language used. Do not scroll down if offended easily

I remember you; crying over a stolen pencil.
I remember you; lamenting over a broken heart.
I remember you; rejoicing over your successes
I remember you; celebrating small wins
I remember you; falling apart the first time you felt betrayed
I remember you; picking yourself up piece by piece
I remember you; seeking constant validation
I remember you; not giving two fucks about people’s opinions
I remember you; trembling with fear of public speaking
I remember you; giving kickass solo presentations
I remember you; being closed off and insecure
I remember you; being vulnerable and selective
I see you; all grown up now, so far ahead of everything that never mattered anyway
I see you; bloomed beautifully, a tad broken here and there but doing alright
I see you; observing everything, coping up with every minuscule change and taking it in your stride
I see you; having better control of your emotions now, knowing when to push and when to pull back
I see you; still unforgiving, still loving
I see you; learning to love yourself and knowing your demons better
I see you; still using dark humour as a coping mechanism
I remember all of you; I see all of you; I love all of you

No comments:

Post a Comment