Saturday, June 13, 2020

Tributes

The cards have been dealt 
From the dilapidated deck
The ship you should have been on
Has sailed 
If you miss the train I'm on
You will know 
That I am gone 
Hide your hand 
Hide your hand 
If we could do this waltz 
Differently 
If I had stayed 
And not been led astray
If you hadn't pledged yourself
To the Jesus of Suburbia
And if our son
Had been one of rage, not love
What then? 
Fools in the garden
Dream on while they can 
Fools on the hill aren't liked
By those who don't know how 
To listen to music 
This is our last waltz 
And yes, it should last forever 
For with you I feel that I could stay 
In love forever and a day 
And I wanna know what it's like 
On the inside of love 
Before it's too late 
And I'm lying on a concrete bed 

The Bilge Master

No comments:

Post a Comment