Friday, December 18, 2020

One Day You Will Forget Me

One day
You will forget me 
And us 
And our everyday
One day you will
Go into the dark
Without a light to guide you
And I will be left
Incomplete and hollow
Maybe I won't have teeth then
To chew my food 
And perhaps my digestion will go
As I come to realize 
That one day
I too will forget you
And us 
And our everyday
Then like you 
I too will go into the dark
With nobody to guide me 
But they say
Absence makes the heart fonder 
So perhaps our parting
Will help us to remember
What it is we had
And therefore 
One day you just might
Remember
Me and us
And our everyday
Maybe then I'll understand
Why 
What we have is special
And necessary
For if you go into the dark
I will follow
As surely as night follows day
And Tuesday follows Monday

The Bilge Master

No comments:

Post a Comment