Saturday, December 5, 2020

Paranoid, Not Android

My first Android is the one phone 
I associate with a bleak winter
Back when the Wifi ran at 4G speeds 
And Stephen Hawking was alive 
I'd just discovered Sandman
I'd just read Maugham
I'd laughed and cried tears of joy
At a POTF concert 
And yet what difference the years have made 
Now I am three inches taller
I've been using my current Android for over a year
It's OS is a biscuit too
Go figure, don't look at me 
I do not know 
It is still winter 
Still a cold night at the start of December
And I still remember the way you looked that night
When we had a little too much to drink
And pulled the rug out from under our feet 
iOS doesn't appeal to me 
Too cold, too frigid 
Android phones are here to stay it seems 
How I wish you had stayed too
This poem probably makes no sense to you
Because you have forgotten me 
But I still have the photos I'd taken with my first Android 
Tucked away somewhere 
Just not here
Here's to us and here's to Android phones 
Matches made in heaven are rare to find 
I wonder if you're still like me 
And I wonder if the Memories feature on Facebook
Makes you think of me 
Anyway, it's cold
I'm tired and I just want you to know 
I've buried the ghost of my first Android 
And just as you don't belong to me
I have come to realize 
I was never yours anyway
And neither was that piece of shit phone 

The Bilge Master

No comments:

Post a Comment