Saturday, April 4, 2020

Phantasmagoria

I wake from yet another nightmare 
They've been coming hard and fast
I'm trapped indoors and can't go out
The world is following my example
The air around me is stale with cigarette smoke
The water tastes metallic
I haven't shaved for two weeks
Coz there's no point 
Nobody out there you see 
But even in the midst of this early apocalypse
As Nature, the mother we wronged
Has her revenge
Human beings are surviving 
We are telling each other stories
In my dreams, I see a cat come 
Down from an unknown mountain
He sits before me
And speaks of Anansi
He weaves a web of suspense and romance 
Sometimes his tales are funny 
Sometimes they are sad
But he is nothing short of a Messiah
Come to us from an unknown origin
He speaks of better times
And we believe again
Every night he speaks
Every night we listen
And that, my son is what tells me
We will survive this 

The Bilge Master

No comments:

Post a Comment