Wednesday, November 4, 2020

In the Arms of Imaginary Friends

I live in a world of my own making 
Which I made when I was a lonely kid
It has a concert everyday
And plays my favorite movies on demand 
There are very few people on the streets of my world 
They prefer staying indoors 
In worlds of their own
And every now and then there is a newcomer to my world 
A person who's free to stay and free to go
Some stay and some don't 
As I grow older I sometimes feel sad 
Especially when I cannot fit in to the real world 
On those occasions I close my eyes 
And I escape into this world I have made 
Maybe you too have a world of your own
A tiny bubble in which you cocoon yourself 
When it all becomes too much to take 
And you need a drink with an imaginary friend
It's just that everyone is subject to the blues 
And needs some green and red 
Or just plain yellow 
That is why we create worlds after all
Or prefer to pick up a book
And escape into another person's world 
Tell me stranger about the world you've made 
Let's not be strangers anymore

The Bilge Master

2 comments:

  1. Lovely - that was my life in my teens and I often escaped into that world even into my forties to survive

    ReplyDelete