Tuesday, November 10, 2020

Tendrils

This year Pujo was really odd for me so I decided to write about it.

Our thoughts are like tendrils 
Snaking around in the unknown areas of the brain
Coiling around the medulla 
Gripping onto our consciousness
A flash of light later 
Our thoughts have made their way home 
They are in the present
The lunacy in our heads 
Made tender by thoughts of our loved ones 
Made bitter by our failure 
Which thought wins? 
It's like the story of the wolves told by Cherokees
Upto us which thoughts we feed 
It is morning on the second day of Pujo
And I am staying indoors
It feels strange
No new clothes to jump into
No chatting at Deshapriya Park
No sniggering at couples 
Yet there is an eerie calm in me 
Today won't be like yesterday
And tomorrow will be fun
You have Lucifer the light bringer 
I have Nataraj the dancer 
As long as I have faith in him
(And this is an agnostic speaking) 
I will be okay
After all, most of the things I am
Came from the stars 
And so I look to my star
Where my Little Prince is hiding 
How fortunate am I to call a star my own
So caught up in my misery
That I forgot all about it 
Time to remember 15 year old me 
The one that didn't feel so afraid of the future 
And lived for today
This is where this bard's tale pauses 
For what lies ahead is yet to be chronicled
In my leather bound brain cells 
Until we meet again, let us please be happy and stay safe 
A Goddess is in the city, roaming among us 
I'm sure she'll guide the lost ones home

The Bilge Master

No comments:

Post a Comment