Sunday, December 8, 2019

A Memory-Guest Post by Kiki Ayang

My friend Kiki Ayabg returns to the blog with a poem! It's been four years Kiki. Let's do this more often :)

The Bilge Master

Long, long time ago
A peculiar shadow caught my eye.
I stared to see an aged old man-
A wise looking old man was he!
I wondered if I was hallucinating
He looked so calm and gentle
Yet fierce and weary
As if, weary not with life,
Nevertheless, with the youngsters around.

Long, long time ago
While I sat down one fine day,
Watching figures pass by in school,
I stared down a shadow-
Only to look up and see a jolly young fellow.
He portrayed happiness, the kind with no care
So jolly and happy he looked around his friends
Which didn’t take me by surprise!

Long, long time later
I saw myself staring down a shadow,
Little did I knew
T’was Wisdom that I saw! 

No comments:

Post a Comment