Friday, December 13, 2019

My Best Friend

It's not easy writing 
About girls 
There always seems a lot to say
A lot gets left out
This is a poem about a very precious girl
Whose smile colours a monochrome photo
And in whose eyes I never want to see tears
I met her one day 
When I least expected to
We went for a drink
And downed two
She knows all my secrets
And tells me hers 
I'm the one who consoles her 
After her fights
She's grown up without a dad
Her mom is exceptional
And if you look into her eyes 
You'll see what a good person she is
She's very stubborn and often drives me mad 
Sometimes she crosses all possible lines 
But when it comes to the people she wants to protect
She leaves no stone unturned
I've nicknamed her Boson
And I love her to the moon and back
And somewhere in a private place 
As she packs a bag for outer space 
I will be by her side 
Till the day she dies 
Even if I become a demon
In this regard 
Selfish and protective of her
I'm willing to cut all ties 
Does this sound like a man in love to you?
If so you need to grow up
I'd fight for her, lie for her 
Walk the wire for her 
And yes, perhaps even die for her 
That, dear reader is what she means to me
And I can't imagine my life without her in it

The Bilge Master

3 comments: