Tuesday, February 11, 2020

Human Nature

I was 18 once
Angry and tired
Bored and confused
Introverted
I met someone who said
He was my friend
I was 20 once
Eating chocolate
Reading Eragon
I met someone who said 
She was my friend
Both of them went 
To different cities
Both of them came back
Both stayed in touch
But one forgot me
And what I had done
I was 23 once
Betrayed by a friend
I was sad and upset
Yet I counselled myself
For I still had my other friend
Who hadn't forgotten me
It's human nature 
To move on
Count yourself lucky
If you are remembered
I am 26 this year
My friend circle is small
And I am no longer angry
For the friends I made along the way
Have ensured that I am happy
So remember
People leave 
Empty promises are made
Value friends who are honest
And don't expect your love to be returned 
If you do this
You, like me
Will make the right friends
And the ones that leave your side
Won't matter 

The Bilge Master

No comments:

Post a Comment