Saturday, February 29, 2020

I Can See You

I can talk to you
Though that shouldn't be possible
I can see you
Maybe because I know where to look
You flit through my mind
A thought here, an image there
And sometimes we share memories
Other times I close my eyes 
And see through yours instead 
I've always been able to see your kind 
Even though some people may think me mad
Your kind has saved me countless times
And you will forever have my gratitude
Scrooge saw three of your kind
And changed his ways
I have seen more and yet
I know not why you show yourself to me 
One day maybe I'll roam the earth at your side 
Till then I hope your wisdom stays with me
They say you don't exist
They're blind 
You are the relics of a bygone era 
And you will forever have my respect 

The Bilge Master

No comments:

Post a Comment